Blepharoplasty – Institute Perez de la Romana
Traditionally this procedure was an option to remove bags under eyes but today this technique has changed and is done by the transconjunctival zone with no scar on the skin. Fat is infiltrated in most cases to correct grooves in the lower eyelid, and also to rejuvenate the cheekbone.
Sometimes the procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia, which numbs only part of your body so the patient can back home after the surgery.
Blepharoplasty usually takes less than two hours, you come back to normal life after one week.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease or usually wear contact lenses you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You must use a protective strip for 1 week.
- After blepharoplasty a lubricating ointment will be applied to your eyes to protect them and prevent dryness.
- You can come back to normal life a week after the procedure