Brachioplasty – Instituto Perez de la Romana
Due to significant weight loss or, as you get older, the skin on your upper arms changes becoming loose.
This is a cosmetic surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the under portion of your upper arms removing fat and excess redundant skin, improving the contour of this area.
Incisions will be made on the undersides of your arms to make them invisible.
Sometimes the procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia.
The procedure typically takes one to two hours. You must stay in hospital 24 hours and after 1 or 2 weeks the patient returns to the daily routine, it depends on each professional activity.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You must rest for 1 week.
- While you’re healing, you must wear a compression garment for 1 month.
- You may receive lymphatic drainage massage.
- After 1 or 2 weeks the patient returns to the daily routine.