Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to increase breast size and one of the most popular in Plastic Surgery. This operation gives excellent results and can be performed at any age after puberty, to get a beautiful and natural looking breast.
Breast augmentation – Institute Perez de la Romana
Breast augmentation, the prostheses we use for this type of intervention are often rough wall, the most recommended, and the type of filling may vary.
The implants used in our center are lastest-generation and have passed all quality controls required by the EC.
You can choose between saline or silicone implants. These prostheses exist in two forms: round and anatomic. The anatomical are those more similar to the breast and are getting the most natural way. The choice of one or the other depends on the characteristics of each patient and it is decided by speaking with the surgeon.
To insert the breast implant, your surgeon will make a single cut (incision) in one of two places:
- In the crease under your breast
- Around your nipple
The surgeon will insert the implant into a pocket created behind the outermost muscle of the chest wall (pectoral muscle). The decision depends on the quality of breast tissue and the characteristics of each patient.
It is important to note that this type of surgery does not prevent or alter lactation or future radiological examinations.
- It is necessary a blood tests. if you have had breast cysts you might need lab tests or a baseline mammogram
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- While you’re healing, it might help to wear a compression bandage for a week.
- Your surgeon might prescribe pain medication.
- Avoid strenuous activities, anything that could raise your arms or blood pressure for at least one week.
- You should wear a sports bra for extra support and positioning of the breast implants.
- You can receive lymphatic drainage massage
- A week after the intervention the patient returns to the daily routine.