The breast lift (mastopexy) is a surgical procedure that repairs drooping breasts which have lost firmness over the course of the years or due to pregnancy or rapid changes in weight.
Breast lift – Institute Perez de la Romana
Most of cases the breast tissue is reshaped to restore firmness and raise the breasts to a higher position however, a breast lift can be done in combination with breast augmentation (mastopexy with breast implants) or through the technique of lipofilling (own fat injection).
The procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia and typically takes two hours.
It is important to note that this type of surgery does not prevent or alter lactation or future radiological examinations.
- It is necessary a blood tests. if you have had breast cysts you might need lab tests or a baseline mammogram
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- Your surgeon might prescribe pain medication.
- While you’re healing, it might help to wear a compression bandage for a week.
- Avoid strenuous activities, anything that could raise your arms or blood pressure for at least one week.
- You should wear a sport bra for extra support.
- You can receive lymphatic drainage massage
- After 1 or 2 weeks the patient returns to the daily routine.