Breast reduction – Institute Perez de la Romana
We use this procedure to lessen discomfort or to obtain a breast size in proportion to your body but also allows to correct discomfort or back pain caused by excessive breast size and skin lesions caused by friction of the skin under the breast.
It is important to note that this type of surgery does not prevent or alter lactation or future radiological examinations.
The patient is usually a day at the clinic for better control.
After a week the patient returns to the daily routine.
- It is necessary a blood tests. if you have had breast cysts you might need lab tests or a baseline mammogram
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- Your surgeon might prescribe pain medication.
- While you’re healing, it might help to wear a compression bandage for a week.
- Avoid strenuous activities, anything that could raise your arms or blood pressure for at least one week.
- You should wear a sports bra for extra support.
- You can receive lymphatic drainage massage
- After 2 weeks the patient returns to the daily routine.