Cheekbones and Chin – Institute Perez de la Romana
This type of surgery is performed in order to increase the projection of the cheekbones and chin or jaw and is particularly indicated in patients who wish to give greater harmony to these facial features because they are not well defined.
These areas should be highlighted to give beauty to the face, and so far it was done by implantation of silicone prostheses. Currently it is performed by lipofilling or fat from the patient, because it can be modelled in the way required.
In some cases, when there is not enough fat in the body, anatomical silicone prostheses can be used.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You will be discharged from hospital within 3-6 hours after the procedure and allow to return home on the same day
- You must take a special dressing for a few days, staying at home and rest with your head elevated.
- The return to the daily routine can be done after a week of the intervention.