Genital rejuvenation – Instituto Perez de la Romana
Some young women need this surgery because they suffer from asymmetric or very protuberant labia which can cause discomfort when carrying out some sexual activities or wearing certain garments. Reduction of the labia is called Labioplasty. Other older patients ask for genital rejuvenation because their vagina has become too large because of child bearing or age. This intervention is called vaginoplasty.
Labioplasty surgery consists in eliminating part of reducing the size of the labia minora to get the shape as symmetrical and natural as possible. Within genital cosmetic surgery we also perform fill lipofilling or the labia majora, to give a more youthful in people who have lost weight or because of age In case of dilated vaginas because of repeated births we use vaginoplasty surgery in order to decrease the vaginal opening and tightening of the muscles of the vagina. We can use different techniques according to the deformity.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You must rest at home for 1 week.
- Cold should be applied during the first and second day after surgery
- It is important during the first week that the patient takes extreme care with the hygiene of the area, using antiseptic soaps.
- Patients can enjoy normal sexual relations after around a month