A face-lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure to improve the look of your face and neck.It is one of the cosmetic surgery techniques that have been perfected over the years, becoming a more comfortable surgery than it was in previous years, more accurate and shorter.
Lifting – Instituto Perez de la Romana
In a traditional face-lift your doctor will make incisions around the front of your ears and ending behind your ears. It was longer and slower recovery. Today is achieved rejuvenation performed separately in the different areas of the face, achieving more accurate results and a more natural and faster recovery.
- The forehead or eyebrow lift. This technique is used in cases where the forehead skin is aging, with transverse and vertical wrinkles and sagging eyebrows. For the correction of facial wrinkles we recommend Botox infiltration or peeling for getting good results. When eyebrows are down elevation is got by “suspension points”
- Midface lift. In these cases there is sagging and drooping in the tissues of the middle third of the face. The treatment involves raising the tissues of this area (cheeks and corners of the mouth) through invisible incisions inside and behind the ears. Recently it has been known that this is due to loss of fat that is why a required step in all lifting today is the infiltration of fat to rejuvenate the fallen zones.
- Neck lift. When the skin laxity is located in the neck, treatment involves removal of fat and stretching of the muscles and skin of the neck making invisibles incisions starting in front of your earlobes and continuing around behind your ears..
Sometimes the procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia, which numbs only part of your body, it depends on the time needed. The recovery is much faster than in previous times, can return to normal life in one or two weeks. You will take an elastic band for a few days or one week. You will stay 24 hours in the clinic.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- Rest with your head elevated the first week after the procedure.
- You may go home the day after the procedure
- You’ll wear an elasticized facial sling for a week
- You should receive lymphatic drainage massage for a minimum period of three weeks.