This is one of the more common procedures because this operation modifies the beauty of the face.
Rhinoplasty – Instituto Perez de la Romana
The motivation for rhinoplasty may be to change the appearance of the nose, to solve nasal breathing problems, or both.
This operation can be performed at any age, with excellent clinical results, besides it significantly increases the patient self-esteem and optimism.
The procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia, which numbs only part of your body. In other cases general anesthesia is recommended but in both situations you should stay in hospital for 24 hours with nose plugs being inserted immediately after the operation and removed 48 hours later. Your doctor also tapes a splint to your nose for protection and support. It’s usually in place for about one week. A week after the intervention the patient returns to the daily routine.
- You and your doctor should talk about your motivations and expectations.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You should wear the splints placed inside your nose during surgery for 48 hours
- A week after the intervention the patient returns to the daily routine