Tubulars breasts – Instituto Perez de la Romana
The exact cause of this is as yet unclear and typical characteristics include: enlarged, puffy areola, minimal breast tissue and narrow base at the chest wall.
The procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia but, in other cases, general anesthesia is recommended.
It typically takes two hours and you should stay 24h in hospital. It is important to note that this type of surgery does not prevent or alter lactation or future radiological examinations.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- Your surgeon might prescribe pain medication.
- While you’re healing, it might help to wear a compression bandage for a week.
- Avoid strenuous activities, anything that could raise your arms or blood pressure for at least one week.
- You should wear a sport bra for extra support.
- You can receive lymphatic drainage massage
- After 1 week the patient returns to the daily routine.