Excessively thin, straight legs without curves in the calves, causes unattractive legs, which look very thin, arched and sometimes separated.
Twins’ increase – Instituto Perez de la Romana
In some cases, this defect is observed in one leg because of an injury or diseases like polio.
In any case, people who have this deformity often suffer psychological complexes.
The best way to correct this problem consists of inserting a soft implant silicone, specially done to this part of the body to get more volume to the calves which significantly improves the figure, or the infiltration of fat that allows modelling the entire area.
In some cases when there is insufficient fat we mix techniques, lipofilling and prosthesis.
The procedure requires an epidural anesthesia and takes 2 hours. The surgery consists of inserting a soft silicone implant, specially done to this part of the body, across a small incision in the later part of the knee, which causes invisible scars. The result is very satisfactory because we get shapely and beautiful legs.
The procedure requires a stay in hospital for one day. Recovery is rapid and progressive; in 1 week the patient is fully recovered and can walk without any difficulty. The patient should wear compression stockings for a period of approximately three weeks.
- It is necessary a blood tests.
- If you are taking any medication or if you have a disease you should warn your surgeon.
- Avoid taking aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid or anti-inflammatory drugs 15 days before the procedure.
- You must wear a compression bandage for 1 week
- You must rest at home for 1 week.
- You should receive lymphatic drainage massage.
- After 7 days the patient returns to the daily routine.